HomeCalendarFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

I'm actually surprised about avatar choices Ive seen.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DarkDream787
Jounin
Jounin

PostSubject: I'm actually surprised about avatar choices Ive seen.   Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:45 am

I have been noticing alot of males using an avatar of female anime characters or women instead of guy things and I see all over the place.

Not that theres anything wrong with it, but there has been several times I thought it was a girl and never knew it was a boy until I said "she" and someone had something to say about it lol. Tanx being one of the the first ones I made that mistake on lol.

Has this ever happened to anyone before? Avatar icon mislead you into accidentally thinking a male was female and vice versa?

Like the quality of my anime encodes and want more of my work?
You can find all of my work here!

List of my encodings and release plans (Archive)
http://blackstaranime.forum.com.bz/t158-darkdream-high-quality-anime-archive-future-release-plans
Back to top Go down
Tanis Lionheart
Peasant
Peasant

PostSubject: Re: I'm actually surprised about avatar choices Ive seen.   Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:36 am

I tend to prefer female leads, plus I used to cross-dress for fun and pissing off puritans.

So, female avatar.

MY Anime List!
Back to top Go down
Arian
Genin
Genin

PostSubject: Re: I'm actually surprised about avatar choices Ive seen.   Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:53 pm

DarkDream787 wrote:
I have been noticing alot of males using an avatar of female anime characters or women instead of guy things and I see all over the place.

Not that theres anything wrong with it, but there has been several times I thought it was a girl and never knew it was a boy until I said "she" and someone had something to say about it lol. Tanx being one of the the first ones I made that mistake on lol.

Has this ever happened to anyone before? Avatar icon mislead you into accidentally thinking a male was female and vice versa?

Absolutely! I guess it's just one of those unspoken things that male avatars are expected to be male users and female avatars are expected to be female users.

It even goes back to childhood. In the winter time, boys usually wore red, blue, or green while girls usually wore pink or purple. Boys had backpacks or pencil cases with actiony, masculine stuff on it while girls had something very soft and cuddly on their merchandise like Hello Kitty or something.
Back to top Go down
DawnShadow
Peasant
Peasant

PostSubject: Re: I'm actually surprised about avatar choices Ive seen.   Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:26 am

I did this the other day with atvs.

Usernames sometimes put me off too.
Back to top Go down
LimitLess
Peasant
Peasant

PostSubject: Re: I'm actually surprised about avatar choices Ive seen.   Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:05 am

I have used Female avi before.
There's nothing wrong with it, most of the guys I know use female avi.

Just don't add female as your gender lol

Genin

PostSubject: Re: I'm actually surprised about avatar choices Ive seen.   Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:02 pm

I have been surprised to find out before but I never had the problem of calling a she a he or vice versa. I almost always just refer to them by their username.
Back to top Go down
Toddler Naruto
Peasant
Peasant

PostSubject: Re: I'm actually surprised about avatar choices Ive seen.   Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:28 am

I'm unfortunately quite guilty of assuming who a person is by their avatar's gender or their username.

Which is why I've learned it's best to not assume what their gender is until you get to know them better.

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Last edited by Toddler Naruto on Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Taizenshū
Peasant
Peasant

PostSubject: Re: I'm actually surprised about avatar choices Ive seen.   Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:54 am

Toddler Naruto wrote:
I'm unforuntately quite guilty of assuming who a person is by their avatar's gender or their username.

I have done that at times.
Back to top Go down
LimitLess
Peasant
Peasant

PostSubject: Re: I'm actually surprised about avatar choices Ive seen.   Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:26 pm

I did assume one user to be male even though she was female. It is more hard to confirm who's a female than who is a male(for me at least Razz )

So, best not to jump to conclusions.

PostSubject: Re: I'm actually surprised about avatar choices Ive seen.   

Back to top Go down

I'm actually surprised about avatar choices Ive seen.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1