HomePortalCalendarFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Added a new Chatbox to the bottom of the forum

Go down 
AuthorMessage
DarkDream787
Jounin
Jounin

PostSubject: Added a new Chatbox to the bottom of the forum   Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:59 pm

I added a Chatbox to the bottom of the forum on the home page so you can interact with other online users with a means other than PM and Threads.

Just log in and chat with other logged in users or leave a random message for all if you wish to.

(You will need to be on the home page in order to use it)

Enjoy!

Like the quality of my anime encodes and want more of my work?
You can find all of my work here!

List of my encodings and release plans (Archive)
http://blackstaranime.forum.com.bz/t158-darkdream-high-quality-anime-archive-future-release-plans

Last edited by DarkDream787 on Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Draximum
Genin
Genin

PostSubject: Re: Added a new Chatbox to the bottom of the forum   Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:03 pm

No promises that I will behave in the chat Eyes
Back to top Go down
DarkDream787
Jounin
Jounin

PostSubject: Re: Added a new Chatbox to the bottom of the forum   Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:23 pm

Earthwork Jim Shoot

http://blackstaranime.forum.com.bz/t158-darkdream-high-quality-anime-archive-future-release-plans
Back to top Go down
DarkDream787
Jounin
Jounin

PostSubject: Re: Added a new Chatbox to the bottom of the forum   Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:03 am

I think I'm the only one who can see whats been previously said in the chatbox after it reaches a certain age. If you login after people who were talking, their stuff they were talking about should not show up for you and you should only see what was sent after being logged in along with users currently on. If you log off, I believe what was in it for you before will now not show anymore.

Because of this, I won't be clearing it every night before I go to bed like I used to. I will clear it weekly/monthly instead.

Last edited by DarkDream787 on Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ChaoXide
Genin
Genin

PostSubject: Re: Added a new Chatbox to the bottom of the forum   Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:33 pm

What's the reason in clearing it anyhow?

Jounin

PostSubject: Re: Added a new Chatbox to the bottom of the forum   Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:52 am

ChaoXide wrote:
What's the reason in clearing it anyhow?

I used to think everyone could read everything typed in it even if they werent on when it was said because I could see it, but then I found out recently I can only see it because of being an admin.

At the time, I figured not everyone wanted or needed their conversations read by everyone, so I cleared it nightly when I remembered to.

The reason I decided to still clear it is, I don't really need to keep months and months of conversations in a chatbox archive do I? If someone wanted to send me a complaint to look into in the chatbox, I'm not sure why they would wait over a month to do it, so I don't see a lot of need to keep every word ever said in it. So I now clear it once in a while instead of nightly.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Added a new Chatbox to the bottom of the forum   

Back to top Go down

Added a new Chatbox to the bottom of the forum
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BlackStar Anime :: Blackstar Headquarters :: News & Announcements-
Jump to: