Share | 

DarkDream FAQ

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DarkDream787
Jounin
Jounin

PostSubject: DarkDream FAQ   Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:39 am

Q: What is the best way to get in touch with you?

A: I have multiple ways you can do this, but I do not always have the time to check every one of them on a daily basis. I would say the best ways to get in touch with me would be these. (In order from most used/checked, to least used/checked)

Skype   (Daily use unless busy or not in the mood to chat)
Facebook   (Daily Check with possible minor daily use)
KickAssTorrents   (Has been taken down so no longer an option)
BlackStarAnime Forum   (At least every 1-4 days unless busy or given notice)
Steam   (At least every 1-4 days unless busy or I don't use it)
Playstation Network   (At least every 1-7 days unless busy)
Kametsu Forum   (At least every 1-10 days unless busy or given notice)
AsianDVDClub   (At least every week or so, unless busy or I don't use it)
ExtraTorrent   (I only check it when I upload to it)
Forum ChatRoom (When I am using my forum and logged into it)

ChatRoom can be accessed on the bottom of the home page or here.

http://blackstaranime.forum.com.bz/chatbox/index.forum?

Q: How do I, or how can I encode similar to the way you do? (I say similar instead of exactly, because you will not make the same exact filter choices as I do without experience and may prefer different settings for certain things)

A: I have written multiple tutorials for the average first time encoder or experienced encoder to follow. (I still occasionally update them as well)

If you fully read these and not just skim them, there shouldn't be too many questions left to answer and you will get encoding results similar to, if not exactly like mine if used correctly. If there does happen to be any questions left for you to ask after reading everything, asking them in the forum in the correct section will get them answered by me or someone else.

The tutorials can be found in the encoding section of the forum. I suggest starting here!

http://blackstaranime.forum.com.bz/t351-how-to-encode-similar-to-the-way-i-do-it

I have typed an overall tutorial that links you to all of my tutorials and in the proper order to read and use them in. This will make it alot easier on you by knowing the order they are meant to be read or used in.

Q: Does this upload have [Insert Language Name Here] Audio or Subtitles?

A: I take the time to type out a torrent description with that information in it for a reason. I usually paste that same information in each thread for each upload. Try actually reading it if you want to know information like that about the torrent. That question should not have to be asked and the answer is right in front of your face.

Q: Is this upload Dual Audio?

A: I take the time to type out a torrent description with that information in it for a reason. I usually paste that same information in each thread for each upload. Try actually reading it if you want to know information like that about the torrent. That question should not have to be asked and the answer is right in front of your face.

This is also a sad question to ask, because I always put Dual Audio, Tri Audio, Quad Audio, etc right in the torrents and threads name where it cannot be missed. This is just laziness on your part if you are needing to ask this and I wont bother to reply to it.

Q: Will you send me the .AC3 or .DTS audio files from the DVD's/Blu-Ray's you use?

A: If it is not alot of AC3 files, (I am not going to be sending 50+ AC3 files at once) and you get around to asking me in time before I delete them to clear up HDD space, I usually don't have a problem giving the AC3 files when requested.

Q: Will you be encoding this or that?

A: I always mention my current plans as I decide them, and I have an entire future plans/to do list typed out for everyone to look at anytime they want to know what I plan to encode in the future, and what I am currently working on.

My current plans and future plans can be found and read here.

http://blackstaranime.forum.com.bz/t158-darkdream-high-quality-anime-archive-future-release-plans

If you do not see it on that list, then chances are I don't plan to do it anytime soon but it may be added later, or I don't plan to do it at all.

Q: What will you be working on after your current plans?

A: I never really know for sure until I finish what I mention my current plans are, and decide what I'm in the mood for afterwards. I only pick 2 things at a time and don't worry about it anymore until their done. That helps with the stress of feeling rushed and dealing with so much to work on.

I don't usually think ahead more than 2-3 at a time very often anymore, and if I do, it's for going into the future plans list. When they will be worked on is chosen as I get around to things. Requests and higher in demand things that are in my future plans list are thought of or gotten to quicker usually.

It will always more than likely be something on the future plans list, unless I bought something new that I wanna get done soon.

I always mention my current plans as I decide them, and I have an entire known future plans/to do list typed out for everyone to look at anytime they want to know what I plan to encode in the future, and what I am currently working on.

My current plans and future plans can be found and read here.

http://blackstaranime.forum.com.bz/t158-darkdream-high-quality-anime-archive-future-release-plans

I post my choices when I decide them, so there's no need to ask really, just need to wait for that post I make when the choices are made.

Q: Do you take requests?

A: Yes, I do, but not when I am extremely busy or have taken enough requests to put me behind enough to stop taking them for a while. The status of whether or not I am currently taking requests can be read here, just below the Future Plans list. (Depending on the request, I may still take it even if I say I am currently not taking any requests. Details on that and whether I will or not are found in the status)

Q: Will you upload your encodes to a file host such as MEGA or elsewhere?

A: No I will not. I do torrents only and do not have the time to manage tons of file host links that may be taken down over and over. A torrent is simple, and does not go down unless copyright owners manage to have it removed, or it manages to die, which I rarely let happen.

Q: Can I upload your encodes to a file host such as MEGA or elsewhere?

A: Yes you can if you wish. If you are using either my forum, or another forum that I have an active account on, I simply request that you give me the links and I will add them into my created thread with credit given to you for the upload. Please do not create an all new thread and split traffic between us when I could just make it available in my thread with credit given to you and increase traffic for us both.

If I do not have an active account in the place you are wanting to share the links, then I simply request that you offer a link to my torrent as well to help keep it's traffic up and seeded. Then both options are once again available to users who want to download.

Q: Can I upload your torrents to a torrent host that you are not using?

A: Yes you can if you wish. The only requirement I have is, do not change the torrent in any way. Keep the downloaded torrent exactly as it was with all trackers, files, and file names untouched. This includes pasting my torrent descriptions I typed out for my torrents, screenshots, and mentioning I encoded it. (Your free to add in other stuff if you wish into your description with all that information of mine)

I would appreciate a link to it as well, so I can add the link into my proper threads in this forum and other forums I use, so it gives people more ways to get ahold of it. I also appreciate the link because I can add in the proper tracker, depending on where you uploaded it to, and I can seed it on that tracker as well. This will help ensure torrents are well seeded and that I can seed it on that tracker as well. Making sure I know the tracker you uploaded to can only help keep things shared better.

Another highly appreciated gesture would be please give a link in the torrent description to the thread in my forum or just my forum in general mentioning that the torrent or more information can be found here as well. This is not required, but it is greatly appreciated because it helps traffic and keeping torrents alive.

Q: Will you provide me with ISO's or Disc Images?

A: I typically will not provide them for you unless you make it worth my time, I owe you a thanks for something, the total file size is going to be less than 18GB or you have a trade with something I want or need. This is because I prefer to use my upload speeds on my encodes, and disc images are pretty large. This is alot easier to do between encode releases and your more likely to get get a yes from me then.

If you want disc images or ISO's without a trade or they are very large and over the limit I mentioned, then you will have to get either ones that I upload to a private torrent tracker like AsiandDVDClub, or BitHQ or ones other people have uploaded from one of those trackers.

Q: I currently cannot make an account on the private tracker you suggested, will you give me an invite to a private tracker?

A: Because you are responsible for the actions of the person you invited, I will rarely ever do this so don't bother to ask me unless we have been good friends and I know for sure your not going to get yourself or me in trouble. I am not willing to risk getting my account banned because someone I invited doesn't follow the rules.

You will either have to ask around in this forum or elseware and hope that someone will give you an invite, or wait until they are accepting applications again. Applications are usually an on and off process and only available once in a while. Just keep checking back for them if you cannot manage to get an invite. Checking weekly is probly your best bet, you dont have to do it every single day. It's possible you could be waiting months, but it's very worth it in the end. I typically make a public post for everyone to see when I notice AsianDVDClub is accepting applications again so hopefully that helps.

Q: Why do newer torrents seem to go slow until they have been up for a day or two?

A: I have typed out information on this along with some setting suggestions to try in order to get better torrent speeds. I would certainly recommend checking it out.

You can find the information here.

http://blackstaranime.forum.com.bz/t205-understanding-how-torrents-work-and-how-to-help-speed-them-up

Q: Can I help you encode or work with you?

A: If you show that you have read my tutorials, give a good enough sample to prove it, and take further teachings from me, I do not mind allowing some help when it comes to encoding video. I also do not mind allowing help if you are already very good with subtitles or audio editing, since that's about all I ask for help with if I ever want or need it.

This is not an easy job to get though when it comes to working on video encoding, since I can be quite OCD about some things and their quality and prefer to do the video myself. Subtitles and Audio however, I am quite open to accepting help with if you wish to help with those. When it comes to working on my video, so far I only fully trust one person whom has shown that they can, and will do what I would have done, and actually shown they are paying attention. This is the only person I will openly call a well practiced student of mine at the moment. (Most give up, don't listen/pay attention, or just don't continue to follow through with the practice or training)
I rarely ask him for help though because I prefer to do the encodes myself. I occasionally trust someone with an audio or subtitle job when I wish to speed some things up some with series over 150 episodes, or I need a bit of help with audio, and certainly do not mind the help on those long series. If someone does help me on occasion, I give them credit or thanks for the help in the torrent description and usually a return favor when possible.

If you show a willingness to learn, put in some effort, do things as if they were my encodes and come to me with questions if your not sure, or are an open, nice, and fun person to work with, or are good with subtitle and audio editing/syncing, then you will probly get considered for the job or at least be considered a trusted help if I would ever want or need it to speed things up.

I thought about making a trusted staff group and page to speed things up more in the future due to multiple jobs and college, but at the moment I wouldn't expect me to ask for lots and lots of assistance if you do become a trusted helper. I will certainly see that you get your due credit for your work and thanks for any assistance I do ask for.

Q: Will you encode for me, or join my encoder group?

A: Simple answer for that would be no I will not join your encoder group. I encode for myself, do my own releases on my own time, and have no interest in joining an encoding group.

Q: Will you affiliate with me or my site?

A: I wasn't really into this before and didn't really accept in the past, but I'm open for this and willing to talk about it and or the terms as of right now when typing this, because it can only help us both out if were looking to share things easier.

Just send me a PM if you are interested in affiliating.

Q: Will you help me encode if I need or want it?

A: I will be happy to help you improve your encodes or offer advice if I am asked for it.

There are also tutorials I have typed out that should help you greatly. (Refer to the top of the FAQ for link to tutorials)
If you still need help after reading the tutorials (Fully, not just skimming) then post a question in the appropriate section of the Encoding area of the forum and I will get to it asap. You can also PM me about it, but it helps others who might have the same question if you make a thread for it.

This does not make you an instant student of mine and claiming I taught you personally in your upload information in an attempt to get more downloads is pretty low, unless I actually did.
The people whom are taught by me or get graded on results from the teaching, and the people who are trusted helpers are mentioned by me usually.
(If I notice lying about this or going overboard, I will cease to offer my help to you and possibly mention your name, along with a statement about it being untrue)

I will also cease to offer my help to you if you ask me for help continually, and its more than obvious you are not listening at all, you are putting in little to no effort at all when it comes to learning, or you are arguing with me every single time you ask for help.

You are not forced to take my advice, but if you wish to keep asking me multiple times for advice, I expect you to at least be using some or most of it depending on how frequently you ask.

It's fairly annoying and a waste of my time to spend a long while trying to help you out, and then you come to me with scripts, methods, and programs, or things I told you not to use or that I don't recommend, and very little to no filters or programs I did suggest being used. Then asking me why its not working or how can I make it better. I could be using that time to reply to others, help others, or get some more work of my own done.

It's also fairly annoying when you make no attempt at all to figure anything out and act very lazy. I have seen too many people ask me things I have already answered and pointed them to multiple times or be so lazy that it's annoying.

An example of making no attempt to figure anything out would be if I pointed you to a specific tutorial page or place of information and you then come back to me saying I don't understand multiple times. I point you to well detailed information even a first timer can understand if they bother to read it and not skim it, then I try to explain more of pretty much the same thing in a dumbed down way if needed with examples to help you out when you come back to me with questions.
If you are still saying I don't understand at that point or can I have step by step instructions after they were basically given to you, then perhaps encoding is not for you or you need a simple one click solution with lesser quality results.
(Being too lazy to read the entire contents of something I recommend you read, shows you don't care enough in my eyes and I wont bother after so many attempts to get you to read it)

An example of being lazy would be, if you come to me saying, I cant find Avisynth for download and I have looked everywhere for it. I am going to assume your being lazy, because there are numerous results for it on Google, Wikipedia, and Avisynth's website. This should take you 20 seconds tops to find it. I even uploaded it to my Mega account and have shared it with people. If I can find it with ease under 20 seconds, then so can you if an attempt is made.
(If you cannot make a simple attempt or it seems like your lying, that shows you don't have the will to go through what I would be offering to help you out, and I wont bother to waste my time anymore after seeing this multiple times)

NOTE: I am quite lenient and understanding with people who have a mental disability and or cannot help the above behavior and try to help as much as possible no matter how annoying. I am also quite lenient with people who are not the greatest at speaking and understanding English. If you have one of those issues, you will notice I don't give up on you as easily when the above behaviors are displayed. There is however a limit to how much time I can put into repeated attempts to help, and if were getting nowhere after a ridiculous amount of time or attempts, I will suggest something else easier all together or offer another place to ask for help.

Q: Who are your trusted encoders/students?

A: I have seen or been told of a few people claiming that I have taught them and it is not true. Like I said above in the above question "Will you help me encode if I need or want it?" asking me a couple questions and getting advice from me once in a while does not make you an instant student of mine. Using the tutorial of mine does not make you a student of mine where you can go around saying that I taught you personally either. The tutorial sure helps you out and gets you good encodes if you payed attention, but that is not me personally checking your work, letting you help me, and teaching you things myself as well. Only a small bit of teaching that did not finish does not get you the status of trusted encoder for me either. That may have gotten you some teaching from me, but it is not finished and I have not considered it as being taught by me until finished.

At the moment, I only have 2 people who have actually went all the way to learn quite well and that I will outright say that they have been taught by me and they do quite well. Most of the others quit after getting what they wanted, or just don't seem to listen. Whether they use my teachings or not is up to them, but they are noted as fully taught by me.

"The people whom are taught by me or get graded on results from the teaching, and the people who are trusted helpers are mentioned by me usually.
(If I notice lying about this or going overboard, I will cease to offer my help to you and possibly mention your name, along with a statement about it being untrue)"

Trusted Encoders/Students

Dr-Love55
KillerTeenGohan

Anyone else claiming to have been fully taught by me personally, is not being 100% upfront with you, or misunderstands my definition of being taught by me.

Known people who believe or claim to be taught by me but have only had help from me or partial teaching.

RD1212
Suwadith / Harry-Potter

Q: How come you do not make 10-bit encodes?

A: Long answer made short about why I don't go with 10-bit so the long reading isn't needed.

Its pretty much a fad. The quality difference or supposed improvement it gives when starting with an 8-bit source was not big enough to entice me to decide to give up compatibility with lots of other devices. If it was a lot more noticeable or I could cut file sizes at least 30% and get the same quality, I wouldn't have thought twice about it. But You can make an 8-bit encode look just as good at a little bit larger of a file size if the source was already 8-bit to begin with. Yeah you get a little bit better compression maybe, but you do not get true 10-bit colors and benefits when you start with an 8-bit source that an actual 10-bit source would have if you started with a 10-bit source. So if all your doing is saving a little space, giving up compatibility with alot those other devices is not worth it to me. It's just my standards or preferences is all.

When sources are actually released as 10-bit on Blu-Ray or 4K or they further improve the compression capabilities and quality of 10-bit encoders, I will encode at 10-bit and decide compatibility isn't as important anymore because it's a way better trade off if the source started as 10-bit.
That or when you show me where someone has made it to where it can properly convert, upgrade, change, and add in all those extra colors it would have had if it were originally a 10-bit source without throwing the colors off. If it can properly do that and eliminate banding without dithering as a result of the color correction and adding in all those extra colors, I will more than likely switch up because that's a hell of a bonus to be able to achieve.

The only thing that would make me consider not doing it at that point if the colors were corrected and improved, would be how commonly it is supported by graphics cards and TV's. There are alot of graphics cards and TV's that will not display more than 24 bits per pixel and 10-bit is more than that, so not everyone is going to be able to see the full 10-bit colors anyways unless their hardware is capable of displaying it. Most were not designed to display 10-bit colors. It will become more common down the road and there are some now, but its not a common standard yet that is in the majority of homes.

If you want the long reading and gritty details about why with more explanations, you can read it on the first page in my archive. It will have one explanation I gave a couple years ago, and a link at the bottom of it taking you to a more recent and detailed explanation and conversation on a later page of the archive.

http://blackstaranime.forum.com.bz/t158-darkdream-high-quality-anime-archive-future-release-plans#627

Like the quality of my anime encodes and want more of my work?
You can find all of my work here!

List of my encodings and release plans (Archive)

Last edited by DarkDream787 on Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:36 am; edited 23 times in total
Back to top Go down
DarkDream787
Jounin
Jounin

PostSubject: Re: DarkDream FAQ   Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:03 am

FAQ has been updated

Back to top Go down
DarkDream787
Jounin
Jounin

PostSubject: Re: DarkDream FAQ   Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:42 pm

FAQ has been updated

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DarkDream FAQ   

Back to top Go down

DarkDream FAQ
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BlackStar Anime :: Blackstar Headquarters :: Helpdesk / Tutorials-
Jump to: